How To Turn Kief Into Hash
Didn’t know you could press your kief into hash? Well, now you do. Here’s how:
- Turn on your clothing iron or hair straightener, leave it on the lowest setting. If you’re using an iron, do the following on a towel or ironing board.
- Get a large piece of parchment paper, fold it in half.
- Sprinkle the kief between the folded parchment paper, about ¼ of an inch thick. Keep it near the fold to avoid spillage.
- Place a buffer over the paper like a tea towel or a t-shirt (this prevents the parchment paper from burning). A damp newspaper also works.
- Iron! Hold the iron in one place for 3-second intervals, flipping the parchment paper frequently. Get comfortable, you’re going to be here for a bit. Keep flipping and ironing for no more than 3-second holds.
And that’s it! You’ll officially have hash when everything feels compact and no longer sticky.
Once you have the hash you can put pieces of it into a joint, melt it in tea, add it to your dinner. Whatever. Just go low and slow (as always) if this is your first time trying hash.